|Available on:|| VHS|
The film follows the plot of the 1974 book, portraying the incidents of when Mildred turns herself invisible and transforms Ethel into a pig, Miss Cackle's notorious twin sister Agatha plotting to take over the Academy, and the Grand Wizard viewing the Halloween Broomstick formation (sabotaged by Ethel's faulty broom which she lent to Mildred).
Production and broadcastEdit
The film was shot at St. Michael's College in Tenbury Wells. Its opening and closing song "Growing Up Isn't Easy" was sung by Bonnie Langford. It was composed by Charles Strouse with lyrics by Don Black. They also wrote "Anything Can Happen on Halloween". This song was covered by British rock band Stonegarth in 2008. Denis King composed its score and wrote the song "My Little School".
This Halloween special aired on HBO and The Disney Channel in the United States every October until the late 1990s.
Home video releasesEdit
Prism Entertainment released this television movie on VHS October 19, 1994. It was also released by Reel Corporation PTY LTD. in 2000. Bfs Entertainment re-released this television film on video on December 28, 1999 and on DVD August 24, 2004.
- Diana Rigg as Miss Hardbroom
- Charlotte Rae as Miss Cackle/Agatha
- Tim Curry as The Grand Wizard
- Fairuza Balk as Mildred Hubble
- Sabina Franklyn as Miss Spellbinder
- Su Elliot as Delilah
- Danielle Batchelor as Maud Warlock
- Anna Kipling as Ethel Hallow
- Kate Buckley as Donna
- Leila Marr as Pixie Brown
- Liz May Brice as Zoe Chant-Vestry
- Katrina Heath as Sophie Hattrick
- Tara Stevenson as Gloria Hobgoblin
- Laura Heath as Misty Meadow
- Sophie Cook as Natalie Sinister
- Sophie Millett as Verity Sinister
- Julia J. Nagle as Bubble Toil
- Kathryn Lacey as Goodie Twocharm
- Nevena Kaley as Dawn Undercover
- Caroline Woolf as Julie Vanishing
- Amy Shindler as Spinner Webb
- Pui Fan Lee as Prefect
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at The Worst Witch (TV film). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Halloween Specials Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|